Did you know the average office worker only walks around 3,000 steps a day?
Well under the recommended daily average of 10,000 steps.
It's even less now we're working from home!
Get together virtually and safely with your colleagues and sign up to Walk for Autism and take the first step towards a connected staff environment and better team well being. Not only will you make a difference, you will also change the lives of autistic people – one step at a time.
Increased physical activity can reduce stress, absenteeism, lead to happier, healthier, more satisfied staff and improved productivity.
Walk for Autism is an easy, fun and rewarding way to boost staff activity levels, especially in these unusual times, encouraging and enjoying a more energetic workplace and meeting corporate social responsibility goals.
Because it is a virtual event, you and your colleagues can set up a team (or teams) and fundraise together with a shared target, while still walking solo. This means everyone can take part – no matter their location, lifestyle or schedule (so there can be no excuses!).
All your colleagues from accross the UK and Ireland can take part in the same team. It's virtual so anything is possible!
It's really important to remember that the team is 'virtual'. Everyone in your team must walk solo or with other members of their household as per the guidelines. (Please do follow the current guidelines)
You may find a 30 minute morning, lunchtime and evening walk does the trick if you are fast on your feet or 10,000 steps in one go will be a bit more challenging for you.
Which department team will raise the most money? A bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone!
Getting your workplace involved is easy:
- Decide how many Teams you want to sign-up
- Nominate Team Leader(s) to create the team(s)
- Decide who will be in each team. There is an option to invite people by email when you create the team
- Invite staff to set-up their personal fundraising page and join their team.
- Each member of staff who registers online will recieve a Walk for Autism Welcome Pack.
- Set your fundraising target
- When each members fundraising page has reached £20 they will receive their T shirt
- Get everyone to wear their T-shirts with pride and get fundraising and get walking in Walk for Autism week 26th March to 2nd April!
- And don't forget to take a photo and share it on the group Facebook page to cheer everyone in your team on!
Benefits of taking part in Walk for Autism
Easy and rewarding team building activity
Encourage staff to work together
Create a fun environment
Promote social connections
Happier and more motivated staff
Taking part in Walk for Autism shows how much your workplace cares about autism.
Improve health and wellbeing
Aids relaxation and clears the mind
Improves confidence and mood
Helps manage weight
Provides a sense of achievement and satisfaction
Promotes healthier blood pressure
Builds stronger bones and muscles
Taking part in Walk for Autism is good for you, good for your workplace and good for autistic people!