Step up and create a more inclusive world for autistic children
Sign your school up to Walk for Autism and show how much your school cares about autism.
With a commitment of only £1 per child your school will recieve a free Walk for Autism school pack that contains:
- An Autism Awareness Powerpoint assembly
- A letter to parents explaining the Walk for Autism School campaign
- Walk for Autism social media templates and press pack
- 5 Walk for Autism sashes and pedometers
- 5 autism awareness fact colouring sheets, one a day for the Walk for Autism week
- An award sticker for each child who achieves the 10,000 steps for autism
- A glue and stick paper desk trophy for each child to make
- A thank you Powerpoint presentation assembly
It's easy to take part:
- Each child pays £1 to take part
- Each child walks 2,000 steps every day in the school week during Walk for Autism week so 10,000 steps in total
- Walking days Thursday 26 March, Friday 27 March, Monday 30 March, Tuesday 31 March, Wednesday 1 April 2020
- Don't worry if you can't do these days, you can walk at a time that suits you
Why should your school or class should get involved?
Autism is a lifelong condition. An estimated 1 in every 100 people are autistic. It is likely that one or more of your students are dealing with the everyday challenges that an autism diagnosis brings to them or a member of their family.
By taking part in Walk for Autism you will educate your students and their families and create an environment where autistic students are better supported by their classmates.
Register your school now!
firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our walking buddies will be in touch.